Tips for selling your houseMay 15, 2015
Estimate your overall cost of buying a house and movingAugust 25, 2015
Add value to your property with the right upgrades
Which home improvements add the most value?
We have found a great article by Which; on which home improvement will increase the value of your property the most.
Below we have listed some great facts and statistics from the article.
- On average home improvements add £9,829 to the value of your home. - survey by Barclays Mortgages
- A designer kitchen and an en-suite bathroom are the top two most desirable home improvements, followed closely by a swimming pool.
- The top three home improvements that will add the most value to your home are; adding a bedroom as an extension; adding a reception room as an extension; and adding a garage.
- Avocado coloured bathroom suites, woodchip wallpaper and stone cladding were rated the biggest turnoffs by UK homeowners. - Barclays' survey.
- Lime green, purple, orange, red and yellow exterior painting on properties are the UK's least favourite exterior house colours.